The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions
The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions.Love potions are a staple of love magic and, quite possibly, the most sought after magical item in the world. Throughout history, a love potion can attract or manifest love in unique and incredibly effective ways.
This guide will help you understand what love potions are, how they work and how to make your own! We have compiled four straightforward recipes on how to make a love potion. So,continue reading the article
Table of Contents
What Goes In A Love Potion?
A love potion is a blend of ingredients made to attract or facilitate love. The process of using and blending these ingredients is not trivial: it’s supposed to bring about a magic effect upon its usage.
Explaining further, they work by attuning you (or whoever uses the potion) to the Universe and all of its energy currents. This process manifests your intention more clearly onto the world and, thus, influences the people around you, of a place, or even someone you specifically want the love potion to affect.
Therefore, a love potion consists of:
- An intention consecrated into the potion. A purpose is different from a simple wish in that a desire is topical, but a goal is ongoing. Your purpose determines what the potion will work for.
- The Ingredients are associated with feelings of love, tenderness, and passion. This association may be natural, cultural, traditional, or even personal. The components define the aspects your potion will work on.
- A particular method to make it and use it. A love potion can be made to be consumed, applied on a body or other materials, made to rest in an altar, or even discarded. The method broadly defines how a love potion will work.
Channeling Your Intention Towards Love Potions
In every step, as you add each ingredient and follow each step to your love potion, you must envision your intent. Envision the feeling of love, peace, and happiness that you desire. You may repeat a chant or meditate on your wish, concentrating on the purpose behind making the love potion.
To do that properly, you must create the ideal environment for your potion-making. To achieve this, you must banish all negative energy and thoughts. There are various ways to perform banishments, and they’re essential to any ritual!
How to Work Your Intention
A love potion must, above all, bring you the happiness you deserve. So, to channel your intentions towards your love potion, you must evoke the feelings you wish for. Use visualization and focused thinking to fill the ambient with energy that matches your intent.
You can use whatever helps you in this process. Mantras, meditating before and afterward, small rituals, and music can set you to the ideal vibrational pattern. You don’t need to pour all energy into love for your potion to work. However, all the energy that you run into it must be focused on love.
Binding a Love Potion in Time and Space
You don’t want or need your potion to be all-encompassing, nor do you need it to be laser-targeted. Both extremes might even endanger you and everyone affected by your love potion. Instead, binding the effect of your potion to a period or a particular room will strengthen it.
For example, you may leave a potion scenting your house to attract romantic situations between you and your lover. You can renew the love potion when it wears off and try new ingredients as you do so. It might work better than working towards a love potion to make your partner drink and love you forever.
Choosing Ingredients For Love Potions
The best part about making your love potion is that you can customize it according to whichever flowers, herbs, spices, crystals, or oils you like. The only word of caution to give here is that you should make sure you or the person you are gifting your love potion to is not allergic to any of its ingredients.
When you learn how to make a love potion, you need to understand why you’re using each ingredient and how it contributes to your potion’s effectiveness. It is wise to study an established magical tradition or any form of natural magic. A skilled spell caster will be able to guide you through all sorts of ingredients.
As you attune yourself to what evokes love in you, many ingredients can be substituted with ingredients of your choice. Still, as a starting point, check out some of the most commonly used ingredients.
Apples have been used in association with love in myths, folklore, and art for centuries. They act as a tribute to Venus, Aphrodite, and Freya, the Goddesses of love. Using apple seed in your love potion helps draw your lover and increase attraction,The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions.
Herbs such as sage, saffron, lavender, and sandalwood are common in love potion recipes. Sage is a powerful herb used to cleanse negative energy. It is vital to wash the area where you begin to make your love potion. Saffron is a powerful aphrodisiac used to increase physical attraction, while lavender is often used to draw love and peace into your life.The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions.
A full-fledged aphrodisiac on its own, chocolate has a sweet but robust scent. It’s used in spells to manifest love in all forms and awakens the senses to other stimuli. It tends to be the main ingredient in whichever recipe of which it’s an ingredient.The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions
The most commonly used carrier oil is olive oil. It is sacred to Athena and Athens’s city and was used for its powers of protection and success. Alternatives are jojoba oil, avocado oil, or sweet almond oil. Sweet almond oil amplifies, embodies, and synergizes all the other ingredients’ energy in your potion.
Used sparingly, essential oils are potent and create a wonderful aroma for your potion. Rose essential oil is the most common one found in love potions, but jasmine oil or lavender oil are great substitutes.The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions.
Primarily used to burn incense, candles help to spread positive energy in your work area. A votive, pillar, or candlestick works excellent to invoke the love energy of Venus, the Roman Goddess of Love. It also helps open your romance love chakras to make you more open to receiving power from the Universe.
Roses and jasmine work in just about every kind of love potion. While red rose petals are preferred, rosebuds or pink petals also have the same effect—these act as a natural aphrodisiac, promoting sensuality, passion, power, and femininity.
Crystals are natural energy conductors and holders. You can use crystals to channel energy into your potion or attract it to you during the love potion making process. Clear quartz crystals, for example, magnify the power of other crystals. Rose quartz crystals help dissolve painful memories. Lastly, did you know moonstone is well known for its ability to create burning passion?
Spices are also useful in love potion recipes. Cinnamon is used to heating cold romances and ignites passion and desire. Similarly, red clover is a popular spice often used in love spells.
Coriander or coriander seeds are used in love potions for their ability to attract true, committed, and loyal relationships in your life. Be careful when using it on someone else: some people’s taste is entirely different when consuming it.
Finding Your Method For Making Love Potions
In popular media, potions are supposed to be drunk. However, all kinds of love potions can be used in all sorts of ways. You may find that the ideal type of love potion for you will be one that you apply to your skin as a perfume. Or rather, that the magic you’re most comfortable with is in the process of making a potion. In this case, there are even potions that are meant to be discarded.
The most common methods for making a potion work are:
- Consuming it (as beverage or seasoning on food): The standard, most commonly seen method. It awakens the senses of the one taking it and may act to change their energy patterns.
- Applying it to the skin as a lotion or perfume: Also very common, especially with potions made to attract love and attention to you. Very versatile and comes with the bonus of always having the most pleasant smells.
- Leaving it to scent a room: Compelling for people who live together or help romantic situations emerge. More often than not, a potion that smells a room doubles as a cleanser,
- Discarding it (in the case of potions for negative energy absorption): Generally meant to counter whatever is acting against your love life. May also work as a love ritual — the final product being not as important as the process that made it.
Neither of these methods is incredibly or necessarily more powerful than the others. They work differently and are useful in different situations. You can even combine methods with various potions to have complementary effects!
Love Potions That Work Fast
If you’re searching for a fast solution for any problem in your love life, you must first identify it. Then, you have to develop a strategy to tackle it and, with that, understand your real intention. Finally, you have to find the most efficient kind of love potion for your goal, as well as the ingredients that are more powerful for you.
Say your partner seems distant and uninterested in you lately. You must understand whether it’s a question of rekindling the relationship or clearing out energies that hinder communication. The fastest working love potion will depend on your situationIf this answer seems too generic to you, here are a few pointers: consumable potions with aphrodisiacs, such as chocolate and roses, are ideal for increasing confidence or attracting someone’s attention. Lotions and ointments with sweet or floral aroma are the best potions to have love follow you everywhere you go, to help romantic situations arise spontaneously. Disposable potions made using crystals, powders, and candles can remove anything intangible or pervasive that seems to be hindering you.
Sample Love Potion Recipes
We’ll share four recipes for you to understand better how different love potions can be among themselves. You’ll also notice how sometimes the way you use the ingredients is perhaps more important than the components themselves.
You can use these recipes as a starting point. With this in mind, choose whatever you’re most comfortable with. In time, you’ll work your way through love potions and, maybe even devise your recipes!
Apple Cinnamon Potion
This love potion is ideal for you to use as a perfume on your skin. Here’s what you need to make it:
- Apple or apple seeds
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Olive oil or any other carrier oil
- Raw Sugar
- Rose Essential Oil
- Dried Rose Buds (7, to be exact)
- Rose Quartz Crystal
- Clear Quartz Crystal
To do the Apple Cinnamon Potion, follow these steps:
- Cut up an apple and remove its seeds.
- Next, you will need to add the apple seeds, cinnamon, saffron, vanilla extract, and olive oil to your potion bottle.
- Add the rosebuds, essential oil, and crystals after blessing them with your enchantments.
- Allow the mixture to steep for a while, and once it is ready, you can strain it using a coffee filter or strainer.
Rose and Olive Oil Potion
This recipe is ideal for using on your body or as a room freshener or spray. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- One red candle
- Rose Quartz Crystal pieces
- A cauldron or plate
- A piece of Charcoal
- Incense (red sandalwood powder or any you prefer)
- Rose Essential Oil or Jasmine Essential Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or alternatives such as Jojoba oil, Sesame Oil, or Sweet Almond Oil)
- Red Rose Petals or Pink Petals
- Jasmine Petals
This process requires more preparation for your work area than the actual potion itself. Below are the steps you need to follow;
- Cleanse any negative energy by lighting the sage and using a clockwise motion to bless the space.
- Heat the Charcoal and place it in the cauldron.
- Add incense to the pot along with three drops of essential oil. One drop each for the body, mind, and spirit.
- Place the rose quartz over the Charcoal to release its positive energy.
- Add olive oil or any carrier oil in the glass bottle.
- Next, you will bless all the ingredients that will go into your love potion. The components include; the glass bottle, the flowers, and the rose quartz or clear quartz crystals.
- Run the above components over your burning incense to recharge each item before placing it in the bottle.
To make it more personal, you can cut up a strand of your hair and add it to the potion. Now, this love potion is specifically yours and cannot be used by anyone else. Once the process is complete, your love potion will be ready. It can last up to 6 to 8 months if stored in the refrigerator.
Rose, Lavender, and Cinnamon Tea Potion
This love potion can be served as tea or use in your food while cooking. It can also be used as a spray or perfume. Here is what you will need to make it:
- Dry Lavender
- Red Clover
- Coriander Seeds
Add each of these ingredients to a mortar and pestle. As you put in each component, invoke its properties that will help you create your love potion. The goal is to charge each item with your intent by directing your energy towards it. After crushing the ingredients, you should add it to one cup of boiling water and steep for about 20 minutes.
Allow the mixture to cool, and put it in a glass container for 12 hours to let all the benefits of the contents infuse and absorb in the mix. Glass helps keep the ingredients pure and away from contaminants. After 12 hours, you can serve it as tea or use it as you please. It is good to place this potion in the fridge as it can spoil after a few days.
Coriander Love Potion Brew
With a straightforward but powerful recipe, you can use this beginner white magic spell to create feelings of love. It only requires:
- 7 Coriander Seeds
After getting the above two requirements, follow the steps below
- You can start by crushing the coriander seeds with mortar and pestle. Be sure to use odd numbers such as 7, 11, or 13.
- Think about the person or feeling you desire, and repeat an incantation three times as you crush the ingredient. Use a clockwise motion to grind the seeds.
- After crushing the seeds, add them to an inch of water in a chalice or wine glass and let it sit for at least 12 hours.
- You can then strain the mixture, drink it as it is, or add it in dome food or tea to reap its benefits.
If you want to make this potion more powerful, you can brew it on a Friday. Friday is the designated day for white magic in Wiccan lore.The Ultimate Guide To Making Love Potions
Practicing Your Love Potion Making Skills
You might think that crafting your love potion is a simple and easy process, but it requires a big focus on your energy and spiritual well-being. With any magic, you need to understand that the energy you put in is the energy you will receive from the Universe.
Bearing this in mind, you’ll understand mastering this art requires more than just reading a guide like this one. It demands time, patience, practice, and experience. You don’t need to rush. Instead, use potions as a way to improve your understanding of yourself, of love magic in general, and your relationship with it.
You might want to seek a recipe for a one-time deal, which would supposedly solve all your love life problems. Instead, consider magic as an ongoing process, something you can incorporate into your life. The making of a love potion can be as beautiful and reinvigorating as the effect it produces!
Besides, love potions are indeed potent. It is always better to consult someone experienced in these matters, to gain knowledge and helpful advice. So, contact me via WhatsApp or email if you have any doubts about love potions. I will gladly answer your questions and guide you further.
Add a Comment